Addendum to CV (template) – See U.S. Permanent Residency
Affidavit of Support
Agreement (Requirements) – Occasionally, review the agreement you signed, which verifies that you know the terms of your visa status. Being a student with F-1 or J-1 status, you are responsible for learning, understanding, and complying with the U.S. laws and regulations that apply to you. If you fail to do so, you could be deported from the United States and barred from returning for an extended period of time, thereby jeopardizing your academic career. Students Agreement Scholars Agreement
Arrival Sheet – used by Prospective students to provide details of their arrival in Morgantown.


Change of Address Form (for F-1 and J-1 only)
Please note: H, TN, O and Permanent Residency Visa holders must use the form provided by  USCIS
Change of Status – See Form I-539 
CPT Application - Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is work authorization that allows F-1 international students to participate in paid/unpaid off-campus academic internships during their degree program. The purpose of CPT is academic, not just for employment purposes, and the internship must be considered an integral part of an established curriculum and directly related to the student's major area of study. Students must have a specific job/internship offer to apply.
CPT Recommendation - the attached template is for use by departments and must be printed on Department letterhead.


DS-2019 Request – department must execute the attached Request for J-1 Visa Document and send it to the Office of International Students and Scholars. The request must be accompanied by a copy of the letter of invitation, specifying the visitor’s duties and the source of funding during the visitor’s stay.
Driver's License (Applying for a West Virginia Driver's License) – Please plan to arrive at the DMV Office before 2:00 pm for testing and licensing because of the additional time required to verify documents and legal presence status, check with Help Desk, enter the unique license term information to sync license expiration and length of legal stay and the longer period of time it will take you to complete the testing.


Exit Form – If you are graduating and do not plan to return to WVU or the United States, please fill out the exit form and submit, so we can give you a COMPLETED in SEVIS. It is important for your future travel that your status in the SEVIS database receives this update.
Extension of I-20 – Go to internationalservices.wvu.edu, click on request on the upper left-hand side. Sign in using your WVU login credentials. Follow the extension instructions and upload your new documents. (financial documentation when you need a new I-20 or for an extension if you cannot complete your program by the date listed on your I-20, you will also need a letter from your Academic Advisor explaining why you need an extension).
Extension of DS-2019 for scholar's (not students) – to be completed by the exchange visitor’s supervisor
Tuition and Fees  (estimated amounts and list of documents)


Flag request form You may use this form to borrow international flags from ISSS for legitimate events. Allow plenty of time before your event to make the request.


Good Standing Letter This letter is most often used for verification of your student status with the Department of Motor Vehicles or with a funding source, such as your government.


I-539 Form – Application to Extend / Change Nonimmigrant Status
I-765 Form – Application for Employment Authorization
I-94 Form
Insurance Requirements for J-1 Visiting Professors & Research Scholars


J-1 End of Program Report Form – The Department must complete the attached End of Program Report and forward it to ISSS. If the exchange visitor leaves more than 15 days before the expiration of the current DS-2019 form, complete this form and return it to ISSS as soon as possible. In some cases, the visitor may be transferring to another institution to continue the same activity. If this is the case, the visitor will need to notify ISSS of the program they intend to transfer to, and the intended transfer date, at least 30 days before his/her intended transfer date or current DS-2019 expiration date, whichever comes earlier. Also, see Arrival/Departure of International Visitor.
J-1 Visa document Request – See DS-2019 Request.


Less Than Full Time Permission – ENROLL in more than the minimum full-time course load (12 credit hours undergrad; 9 for grad) so that if you drop a course, you will still have a full-time course load to satisfy your F-1 or J-1 non-immigrant status. If you intend to drop below full-time, you MUST come to our office BEFORE you drop any classes or register for less than the minimum hours for ANY reason.


Notice of filing for Permanent Residency applications Form – See also  U.S. Permanent Residency


OPT Forms OPT Statement of Intent
OPT Employer Verification
OPT STEM Extension Application – See OPT Extension Procedures page.
OPT Compliance


Permanent Residency  - Request Form

Permanent Residency - Notice of Filing

Permanent Residency - Recruitment Summary


Sample statement for labor certification for teaching faculty member
Student Request Form - This form is used to add or remove family members/dependents (F-2 I-20), replace a lost I-20, change your major on your I-20, or to submit your Less-Than-Full-Time Form.


Tax Returns – West Virginia University has licensed income tax return preparation software for use by international students, scholars, teachers, researchers, trainees. This software is provided free of charge to aid them in preparing U.S. federal income tax forms. It is designed to take the time and confusion our of filing a U.S. tax return – it takes only about 20 minutes to complete, print and file a tax return.
Transfer in Form – for International Students transferring from other universities to WVU
Transfer out Form – for International Students transferring from WVU to universities
Travel – Please remember to bring your I-20 to ISSS at least two weeks before you leave the U.S. so that we can make sure that your I-20 has been signed within a year of your intended return to the U.S.


Visit Letter – Family members of International students may enter the United States using a B Visa or ‘Visitor for Business or Pleasure’ Visa. This Letter is to facilitate the Visa application procedure through the U.S. Embassy process of B Visa Application.


Withdrawing from school – You MUST meet with an International Student Advisor in ISSS, before withdrawing from school. Please, send us an email ( isss-students@mail.wvu.edu ) or call us to make an appointment.