Instructions for TN Visa Sponsorship
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada, and Mexico.The nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to work in the United States in prearranged business activities for U.S. or foreign employers. Permanent residents of Canada and Mexico are not able to apply for TN visas to work as NAFTA professionals.
After a TN Visa has been deemed suitable for the prospective candidate by ISSS, specific documents will need to be provided to our office.
Please complete and submit the documentation to the case manager in the order listed below.
Step 1: Deemed Export Attestation
All non-immigrant workers must be screened by the WVU Export Control Office before they may work at WVU. To do so, the department must apply for a deemed export attestation by submitting the documentation listed below to the Export Control Office at email@example.com.
WVU Deemed Export Verification for Non-Immigrant Visa Form
- Copy of visitor's CV
- Copy of visitor's passport identity page(s)
- Copy of offer/invitation letter (with project description)
- Copies of Diplomas/Certificates of degree(s) required for the position
- Copy of Original Transcripts for the required degree(s)
- Credential Evaluation(s) if the required degree have been obtained outside the US
- TN Support Letter on letterhead with original signature (ISSS will provide a template)
- FedEx/UPS/DHL account # for mailing the TN Support Letter to the beneficiary